Research Unit facilities and apparatus
• Large reception area.
• Pharmacy: A separate lockable room with lockable cupboards (temperature-controlled).
• Patient waiting room.
• Three consulting rooms.
• Office for SSC’s with restricted entrance for safe storage of patient files.
• Procedure room.
• One monitor room, with sufficient space to accommodate more than one monitor at a time.
• Air conditioners in all rooms.
• One of the board rooms at Mediclinic Bloemfontein Hospital is used for formal meetings.
• Separate male and female toilet facilities.
Equipment: Yearly calibration and emergency power supply where applicable
• Full resuscitation apparatus are available on site, including emergency drugs.
• Electronic blood pressure, pulse rate and pulse oximetry.
• ECG machine
• Koko spirometry machine
• Electronic temperature monitors, which are calibrated with all other electronic equipment, on an annual basis.
• Calibrated scale for weighing patients.
• -20°C freezer and refrigerator, temperature controlled.
• -70°C freezer
• Personal computers for all staff members as well as for electronic equipment.
• ADSL lines
• Security: 24–hour security surveillance (Bloemsec), as well as building security.
In patient facilities
• Situated at Mediclinic Bloemfontein Hospital approximately 500km from IATROS International.
• Pathcare laboratory (SANAS accredited) situated in Mediclinic Bloemfontein.
• Fully high-tech equipped radiology department in Mediclinic Bloemfontein Hospital.
Storage of trial related documentation
• Safe storage of trial related documentation available. Off-site archiving at Info-file or as required by sponsor.
• Full resuscitation equipment available on site, including emergency drugs.
• The research unit is situated near Mediclinic Bloemfontein Hospital with a level 1 Trauma Unit.